Sunday, October 19, 2014

Infiniti G35 Underpass - Before and After

I spent some time yesterday being inspired by automotive photographers I loved and wanted to go take a new clean shot my my G35.  Since the car was freshly detailed and I haven't taken any real photos of the car since adding the Outcast Garage front lip, the pic was way overdue. I love tunnel and overpass shots, and luckily, found this little location not too far from home.  The weather was gloomy and not too cooperative, but held out long enough for me to get a few decent shots.

The before and after below may be a little deceiving.  The "before" shots actually consisted of about 8 shots.  I didn't have any lights with me, so I used a large reflector to highlight parts of the car, then put the shots together in photoshop.  I've done a similar set-up and technique before doing shots of my 1996 Mazda Miata in the garage, and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I have at least one or two more shots from this shoot I want to edit from different angles. Once I get a few more mods done to the car, I will probably do a full "Feature" shoot.

Click here to see the high-res of the final edit.

Before compositing and editing
Final edit

No comments:

Post a Comment